
Here is my little sister's card that I made her for her 16th birthday! There are quite a few pics so I shall write a bit in between to break it up a little! Lol! It started off as a star card but then I made a big boo boo-I taped the spine together! D'oh! So it became a bit of a mini book! Lol!

I went for a pink and purple theme as some of the presents I had bought her were in the same colour scheme! Lol! I stuck 6 A6 cards together and strengthened them by using silver mirri board for a background! I used the Boys and Girls Crafters Companions CD for the background papers and for the small letters and numbers.

I stamped a few Maggies and Tildas and coloured them in with distress inks. These were images I knew my little sister liked and I can understand why! They are so cute!
I printed some big letters onto pearlescent paper and did a bit of faux stitching around each letter to make them stand out a little!
The card came out ok-not completely happy with it but I ran out of time! Looks a bit bare in places! Lindsay seemed to like it though which is all that matters I suppose!

Think I will use this type of mini book again though-might be nice to create a mini scrapbook or photocards!

Had to have a flower somewhere-here it is! Lol!

This is what it looked like standing up! Not quite a star card but near enough!

Thanks for looking! Hope you liked it-I really enjoyed making it! Not so 'little' sister I suppose now!
4 comments:
(Oh! I lost my comment - stupid internet!! )
I LOVE this!! It is super Arline!! :) I bet she did love it! Gorgeous colours and great images... so very cute!! :) that paper is so pretty!!
I don't think it is too bare...(sometimes there can be too much on a page ... "less is more!" lol)
Sammi
xxx
WOW Arline, look at all the work you have put into that, works just as well as a book doesn't it?
I'm sure your sister loved it!
Wow I guess your sister loved it. You must have put a lot of hard work into it.
Wow Arlz, can't believe you made all of this,it's brill! Lindsay must know how special she is now!!
Love Becky xx
Post a Comment