CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Christmas Popcorn...in black and white!

Hi All

I have been off work the past couple of days as I have been struggling with my voice....could only squeak yesterday! This is a bit of an issue being a teacher so I have stayed at home to try and rest it. However, I have been cheered up by Christmas on Create and Craft, including the launch of The Snowman CD....which I have purchased! Can't wait for it to arrive and start crafting with it. Watching all of this crafting on the TV though made me want to craft a little bit. Thought I'd get my Popcorn the Bear Christmas CD out and have a go at some black and white/ grayscale cards....inspired by the grayscale cards I have seen on the Snowman shows as they looked fab. So here are three cards I have made...hope you like them!

This one is my favourite image on the CDs I think....gorgeous Popcorn hugging his little blanket sitting by the fire...thought I'd play around with the shape of the card too. Everything apart from the black cardstock is from the CD. I printed the image and sentiment in grayscale and played with the colouriser to get the backing paper the shade I wanted.




Another easel card here...I love making these at the moment...think most of my Christmas cards are going to be these this year. Gorgeous little image of Popcorn sleighing and I have used some craftwork cards card candy....love this stuff...I have a box full of different colours and it looks fab...these are some new ones I have had with little dots on them. Finally, a simple card with the image of Popcorn as Santa and finished off with card candy. Love the sentiments on this CD too...'Wishing You a Beary Merry Christmas!' So sweet.

Hope you liked them, it was definitely a nicer way to spend a couple of hours than tackling the marking I have here at home with me...! Off now to have yet another cup of tea to sooth my throat and to watch the rest of craft day.


Thanks for looking.

Hugs

Arline

xx

7 comments:

Kirsten...x

Hi Arline absolutly stunning cards love the images and the black and white looks so lush hugs kirsten...x

kaz

What a lovely Card love the Black & White.
Crafty Kaz

uhooi

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This work is very beautiful, nice and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Anonymous

I love your page.Nicely done!

Anniebee

These are awesome cards, Arline! I have been wanting to try this technique and you have convinced me that I need to do it soon! I hope mine turn out half as good as yours. I have been looking around your blog and seeing all your lovely creations. I like your work so much that I have decided to follow you. I'd love for you to visit my blog too if you have time.

Hugs,
Anniebee
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Svetlana

Goooorgeous!!!!I've never seen such a design!!!this is stunning! bravo bravissimo!

Anna Vetlugina

Очень красиво и оригинально! Мне нравится!